Welcome to 4th grade where we work together, learn from each other, and support one another’s successes. Your child should expect to feel comfortable in our classroom so her learning experience is fun and educational.
During the year your child will learn:
- the Ten Commandments, The Beatitudes, The Holy Trinity, being a disciple of Christ as a steward of vocation and the growth of the early church
- to produce clear and coherent writing with correct English Grammar
- to compare and contrast themes and topics across genres
- to use the four operations with whole numbers (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- to understand place value
- to do measurement
- about human impact on the United States
- about personal finance and making decisions
- energy, vision and light, waves and Earth’s surface
Your child’s fourth grade includes opportunities to try out escape rooms for several holidays which our current students seem to enjoy solving the puzzles in them and trying to escape before the other teams.